![]() |
| Done the first half of clue #1, yay! |
Being without my contrasts A, C and E for the time being, I've started on clue #2, which uses the last of my contrast D. It's this interesting stitch called the shaker rib stitch. This stitch involves knitting, purling, and knitting one below. Thanks to youtube again, I already understood how to knit 1 below, and it's just as easy as it looks, although it goes against the grain for me to pretty much purposely lose a stitch! At least I also now know how to reclaim that stitch if needed with tinking.
I saw this very handy video that shows how to tink the knit, purl and k1below stitches. I watched it before I started working on my block, but had to rewatch tinking the k1below stitch when I did actually mess up. I was knitting along, when I accidentally knit one stitch instead of 1 below. I knew I'd messed up somehow, but then I second guessed myself, and let it be for about 6 more stitches before I realized I was now one stitch off (it alternates p1, k1below). Luckily, thanks to that video I was able to successfully tink purl, and k1below stitches to fix my block, even without a crochet hook (which I'll be picking up tomorrow)!
![]() |
| Top: Wrong side Bottom: Right side |
Hmm, looking at what I've knit so far, I'm really not sure which side will be shown. I've included a picture of both sides of my block so far, the top is the wrong side, according to the pattern, and the bottom is the right side. My mom thinks the top looks more like what should be shown though... either way, it is quite stretchy and thick, and looks neat all around.
Edit: The sides are labelled correctly: the right side is what will show, and really, I prefer the right side anyways... the wrong side could just be a normal rib pattern.
Things I learned:
- how to k1below
- the shaker rib stitch (such a cool name!)
- how to tink purl stitches
- how to tink k1below stitches


No comments:
Post a Comment